[gps-talkusers] Re: GPS Version 3 changes

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 11:58:08 -0400

Hi all,

Todd Patkus writes:
 > Ann,
 >
 > First, why do you have "Hi all," all the time even if you just say a
 > person's name after it?  I suggest you omit that because it may confuse
 > others.  Thank you.

I use "all", Todd, because this is a public list.  When I say "Hi
all", that means that it is OK for others to answer or to join in the
conversation.   <smile>  I'm not going to stop doing it.

 > Second, for the funny name in NJ, are you talking about the recording for
 > the blind?  You make me curious to what that funny name is.  Perhaps one of
 > the staff at Sendero will tell.

It's Dewit something, Todd, I have it squirreled away someplace but I
don't know where offhand, but It's dewit something.

 > Third, as for Braille, I did not ask for a literal Braille book but a
 > Braille format on the flashcard or a CD whatever!  Do not misunderstand.

I didn't misunderstand you, Todd.  I told you that the manual would be
available in the BN or on the flashcard when you purchased the GPS.  I
explained that the manual is currently available online in txt format
for the current version, and that I am sure that the new version will
be placed there as well, right on the PDI web site.  I also told you
that hard copy braille is available for this tutorial from Dewit.

 > Fourth, please be careful what you say about forgetting the deafblind.  You
 > are not 100% correct!  I see it but you yourself do not understand it.  So,
 > I will remain silent and let you find out for yourself!  I am serious about
 > that.

Hmmmmm, don't you think you should put down that log you're carrying
on your shoulder?  It's such a big "chip" that I think it might be
called a log.  Look at Lisa K.  She hasn't got a chip on her shoulder.
C'mon, put it down, isn't it awfully heavy?

Ann P.

--
                        Ann K. Parsons
email:  akp@xxxxxxxxx