[gpodder] Question re: Changing default Download Folder - FAQ info correct?

  • From: First Last <dev.null9917@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gpodder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gpodder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 19:15:54 -0800 (PST)

I recently installed gPodder 3.0.4 on a Win XP sp3 system.  Nice program, much
thanks to all the developers.

I would like to change the default Download Folder, it is defaulting to
C:\Documents and Settings\$USER\My Documents\gPodder\.  According to the FAQ in
the Wiki, this is not currently supported in the Windows version, but the FAQ
refers to a work-around described in Bug 1129.  I could not implement the
work-around as it refers to files and directories that do not exist in my
installation (\lib\site-packages\gpodder\launcher.py).

If there is an alternative/updated work-around I would be glad to give it a
try.  If I need to modify the Windows registry I'm comfortable with that.

Thanks,

-Larry