[geocentrism] Re: correction

  • From: Wayne <mtwaynew@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 17:25:56 -0600

hmm..  well my apologies... I had no idea that some folks associated "bugger"
with "sodomy"  that is a first for me.. i never use anything other than
"moderate" language from day-to-day...

i googled "bugger" and this is what i got...

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/bugger

1. Vulgar Slang A sodomite.
2. Slang A contemptible or disreputable person.
3. Slang A fellow; a chap: "He's a silly little bugger, then" John le Carré.

I had #2 and #3 in mind when I used the term.  Although further down that
dictionary article I also see the following:

Phrasal Verb:
bugger off
Chiefly British Slang To leave someone alone; go away.
I did not intend the word to have the above meaning either.

Here in the states, I don't think its very common to associate this word with
those nasty folks that Jesus destoyed with an inferno of "fire and brimstone"
as the scriptures say.

but again, my apologies.. I'll have to me more careful when choosing slang in
the future.

I wish you would have responded to more of my comments however, neville.

wayne

Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 06:37:25 -0800From: njones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
[geocentrism] Re: correctionTo: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Wayne,Thank you for your posting. I will answer the question that you
asked of me.

-----Original Message-----From: mtwaynew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Wed, 24 Sep 2008
16:05:55 -0600

greetings all.  It is a priviledge to be a part of this forum.  forgive me, but
I'm going to break my silence with an earful right off the bat... neville,
first:  to be quite honest I don't see how you can speak so confidently about
this character you call the "devil", when you reject the one document of
authority that establishes credible evidence for his existence?'Jesus' tells us
who it is that owns this earth. Indeed, how could 'Jesus' have even been
tempted with "all the kingdoms of the earth," unless the tempter owned them all
in the first place? So I would agree with you that the bible establishes
"evidence for [its] existence," though I disagree with your opinion that this
is the only "credible" evidence.The Devil identifies itself as the father of
the so-called 'Israelites' (Jews) and gives the game away in Exodus 19:5 - "Now
if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be
my treasured possession. Although the whole earth is mine, you will be for me a
kingdom of priests and a holy nation. ..." This is the Devil speaking, not
God.I trust that this answers your question.There is a second issue. You are
new to this forum, but please be aware that language does have to be moderate.
In your second posting you said, "let's prick that lil ******* finger and check
his DNA" The word blanked out is crude and unacceptable here, referring as it
does to someone who engages in sodomy. Please bear this in mind for future
reference. Thanks.Nevillewww.realityreviewed.com
See how Windows connects the people, information, and fun that are part of your
life.