[geocentrism] Re: correction

  • From: "philip madsen" <pma15027@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 16:35:46 +1000

Bernie, but God may not want science to prove His word is true.. How often do
we wish it. He prefers to test our faith, and rightly so. I often dream of
making a big impact on the minds of the masses. Yet why? Did not Jesus say ,
This generation seeketh a sign, and it will not be given it?  They would not
accept it as they rejected Jesus Himself..

I spent a life time in the politics of social credit economic democracy... Big
spending..  not even a 10 % response, less than what is called the donkey vote.

In a way this answers my heretical in jest words re Hell, and also Nevilles
reservations. Outside of our time in eternity, God knows all minds, all
thoughts, and knows all rejections, even given signs. He knew there were no
just men in Sodom.. so an unrepentent and rebellious people deserved
destruction//  They still do... they nash their teeth...  And this thread was
started by a video from Argentina where they nashed their teeth and spat in His
eyes... I guess if you really love Him, who suffered for us, then the mystery
of Hell when explained eventually will put us right in justice, and make us
happy.

Thats where Hope comes in..

Philip
          From: John Roodt <johnroodt@xxxxxxxxx>
          To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
          Date: Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 9:55 PM

          :-) no problem, Phil. And, no, I am not a clever scholar.

          We're like a company of soldiers all marching to the beat of the drum
in our own heads, and each of us loudly protesting that we're the only one in
step.

          But even though we should probably end this discussion, I see no
reason to apologise to this forum.

          Wasn't it the Scripture that caused us to question the current model
of the Universe? Even though we had no scientific proof, we were confident that
the Bible held a contrary view, and we were inclined to believe it.

          In fact, Neville's website initially quoted the Scriptures that
indicated that the Earth was fixed and could not be moved.

          I asked the question ages ago whether or not the word 'moved' meant a
physical movement as opposed to: "my heart is steadfast and will not be moved",
or "I was moved to tears" etc. No one answered it. But I have watched the
debates to see if the question would be answered anyway.

          So it's significant that Neville appears to believe little of what
the bible says, and that you and I (and others) can differ so much in our
interpretation of what the bible says. Does it really matter to us whether or
not we rotate and orbit or just stand still? What matters is that there is an
apparent discrepancy between what Science says and what we believe the Bible
says. At least that's how it appeared when I joined this forum. Maybe you've
all moved beyond that and I haven't. My only concern is: "what is the truth?"

          We both love the truth; we read the same Scriptures; and we pray to
the same God for understanding on these matters and others far more important
than whether the Earth moves or not. How then can we be so far apart?

          I don't know -- but I'll move on now.

          With respect to all,
          John

          On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 1:48 PM, philip madsen
<pma15027@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

            Peter came in with some biblical comments that seemed to deny Jesus
was God. along with other, Therefore I can answer those points together with my
response to Johns below. inserted in brown..  Philip.