[geocentrism] Re: Newton v Einstein

  • From: Alan Griffin <ajg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 22:35:55 +0100

On 11 Aug, Jack Lewis <jandj.lewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >         Well you can easily read about what was being said. Both Newton's
> > and Einstein's theories have been thoroughly tested. Newton's laws work
> > perfectly at low speeds, but go wrong at high speeds, and Einstein's
> > theories corrected this. Einstein's equations turn into Newton's at low
> > speeds.

> That gives me a headache straight away!
> Why does this have to be so?
> Why can't they be reconciled?

        They ARE reconciled. Einstein's equations are absolutely correct
as far as we can tell so far, but they're very complicated. By ignoring
very small terms at low speeds we get Newton's laws which are much
simpler, and which give the correct answers. After all, man got to the
moon by using Newton's laws, so they can't be too bad!

        Alan