[geocentrism] Re: GWW

  • From: Sungenis@xxxxxxx
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 16:31:11 EDT

Neville,

Thanks for the support and information. Let me add a little more. GWW is  now
starting the fifth year of its making. The hours it has taken to put this
thing together are astronomical. Right now, there are over 2 million words and
almost 2200 footnotes, as we complete the second volume. I would estimate
that,  after putting an average of perhaps 8 hours per day, six days a week
into
the  book, it has reached about 10,000 hours of work, but I have enjoyed every
minute of it, and so has Dr. Bennett with his contribution.

When we had completed the first volume and put it on CDrom, we sent  that
CDrom out to about 30 publishers with a letter of introduction and  request for
their services. Most of the major publishers didn't  respond. One of the ones
that did respond told me to find an agent. A  couple wished me luck and
remarked what good research the book had but  said they couldn't publish a
topic like
that. I have since researched the market  a little more and there may be some
better prospects when I want to go this  route again.

So we were left with no choice but to self-publish at the early  going, and
we put the CDrom on Amazon. A little while later, we contacted  some
self-publishing firms in order to make a hardback edition. We did  not have the
money to
make a run of 3000 copies, since the cost would be about  $50,000, at least.
So we were limited to making "on demand" copies of the book,  but which
greatly increases the price per book. At present, each book costs  about $35.00
make. We include the CDrom with the book. We charge $49.95, and  thus you can
see our profit margin is thin after we take out the additional  unseen costs.
We are only going to charge an extra $6.00 for the new edition,  which is why I
mentioned it at $55.95 n my previous email.

I think now that it was good we did not get a major publisher for GWW.  Since
that time we have added so much more to the first volume (including
pictures, graphs, charts and more animations), and we have now completed the
second
volume. So, GWW wasn't really ready for market a year or so ago when I  was
seeking a publisher. In the near future, we are going to try more vigorously
do so.

Thank you for your support.

Robert Sungenis

In a message dated 7/4/2007 12:29:38 PM Eastern Standard Time,
njones@xxxxxxxxx writes:

A few  years ago I wrote a paper on Special Relativity and sent it in to a
very major  physics journal for review. Three months went by and I had heard
nothing, so I  e-mailed the chief editor, Prof. something-or-other. He said he
would enquire  of the reviewer.

The reviewer then wrote back that he had found no flaw  in the paper, but
that "it must be wrong because SR is right."

I then  discussed it, via e-mail, with a friend of mine who teaches the
subject to  undergraduates. In the space of less than one week, I had some very
valuable  feedback on the paper.

If you write outside the paradigm you will not  get it published for you; you
will have to do it yourself. That requires a  large degree of effort and
dedication. You will also have to brace yourself  for derision and ridicule.
People will attempt to "teach" you what you  yourself are qualified to teach
their
teachers.

When Robert Sungenis  and Robert Bennett sat down to write their book,
"Galileo Was Wrong," they no  doubt did not have any major publishing house in
the
least bit interested.  They would almost certainly have received no funding
from  anywhere.

When Steven suggested that he and I do a geocentric model of  the universe
for a PC, we had no funding. We gave away what we could and we  asked a very
modest price to those who we hoped would buy it. That modest  price included a
small amount of profit. That profit went into buying one book  and part-way
towards a new computer for use in producing the next  version.

Those of us on this forum (and elsewhere) who produce things  on this subject
that may prove to be beneficial to others and to the  advancement of the
subject matter, do so for reasons far, far removed from  monetary gain. If we
were
interested in monetary gain, then we would be  telling the earth what it
wants to hear, like Dawkins and Hawking (perhaps we  would also consider
changing
our names to something with 'awkin' in  it?).

I am not telling anyone off here. All I am doing is testifying  that the
production of something like GWW takes a great deal of time,  commitment and
devotion.

Are we not entitled to try and reclaim  production costs?

If we want to advance this subject then we can  continue the struggle in
isolation and wonder sometimes why we bother, or we  can pull together a bit
more
and show some  enthusiasm.