[GeoStL] Re: NGR shipping

  • From: "tnands" <sydstyr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 10:00:02 -0500

I've never had a problem with the Post Office priority shipping or regular
shipping. They provide free supplies for priority and if you use your own
packaging they ask that there not be any writing on the box anywhere.  If it's
small and heavy they have the flat rate boxes that you can really jam  a lot of
stuff into for about $7.00. (If you're sending your gold bars to the vault this
is the way to go).   They don't do a great job of real time tracking and often
the tracking numbers show up a week after the package is delivered for a fee
you can have the tracking number and required delivery signature.

I've most recently used the Post Office and got a box from Effingham to Omaha
in two days for ..  $5.35.

The last several times I've had things shipped TO me via UPS it's been a
nightmare. I have pictures of the very crushed box that has "Handle with Care"
printed on it.

Nancy