[GeoStL] Re: NGR shipping

  • From: showme69 <showme69@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 22:24:03 -0500

I'd have to disagree Craig. My mother, a retired mail carrier, was the one
who alerted me to this in the first place. The item I referred to earlier
cost 3 or 4X as much to mail as first class items I have received from the
same agency. And those other items sent first class reached me in 1 day, not
4. Here's an older article that backs me up. *http://tinyurl.com/cywvvg *
It states, "In a head-to-head race, about half the first-class letters
mailed from Atlanta to seven cities across the country arrived sooner than
or on the same day as Priority Mail packages mailed at the same time."  Not
sure where you got your stats to say priority will make it first every time,
but when it's my money, I'll stick with first class when possible. Also,
priority doesn't *guarantee* any delivery time and even though your local
post office is closed on Sunday, the major ones, like the main St. Louis one
are processing mail on Sundays and it's being transported. My mother worked
many Sundays at the downtown post office. Happy mailing.

Gale