[GeoStL] Re: Membership

  • From: Sarah Chisholm <sarah_cf30@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 19:59:11 -0700 (PDT)

Amen, Steven!

Sarah

----- Original Message ----
From: Stephen Martin <faery_generic@xxxxxxx>
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, May 8, 2007 7:17:46 PM
Subject: [GeoStL] Re: Membership

-

I think that the $10 needed to become a contributing member of SLAGA is meant
to encourage dues for the financial help in keeping our sport/hobby/meal plan
the best it can.  The fact that there is a "free" membership is enough proof
that SLAGA is aware of other means of contributions including pot luck items at
events, helping set up, and even the feedback on the elist and logs. Also, the
website makes it clear that contributing members just pay dues and have some
benefits from that.   It is all in perception of the label contributing over
member.  A person who has a premium account on geocaching.com is not truly more
premium of a cacher... but they paid up and they get cool stuff.

In short, don't sweat the small things.  This is not a group of judging people,
just hide and seekers with big appetites.

$0.02 that may not even be worth that.