[GeoStL] Re: Lost Outdoors

  • From: Jim <everman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 12:31:34 -0600

-
Mike Griffin wrote:
> -
> Actually, the maps are downloaded from terraserver-usa.com. Dan indicated
> that in the future he would have multiple servers to choose from. This would
> be ideal since some maps don't seam so well. Pere Marquette was a prime
> example of 4 topo quads for 1 park.. We had problems calibrating the large
> map and had to break it into smaller, self contained quads..
>
> Terraserver-usa is owned by Microsoft. He used to use terraserver.com but
> they started selling their own software..
>
> Mike

Yes, I haven't looked at Terraserver recently, but as I recall they
looked quite a bit like the photos Lost Outdoors used. There are a
couple places out in Busch Wildlife that don't match very well too.

But a buddy and I (Steve, caching as 'Swhat and Da Boss') are planning a
caching trip to Stephen Forbes park for Friday - Da Boss & Norma are on
their own. I wanted to put all seven caches on one page. I eventually
did, but it wasn't pretty. With L.O., I could have entered all the
Waypoints and printed the end result. Both as topo or photo. Quick and
easy.. even with dial up - really.

Bah, M$..  ;-)

  Geo Jim