[GeoStL] Re: Cache Question

  • From: Bernie <happykraut@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 21:44:38 -0500

  The way I see it is if you don't sign the log, then you don't warrant a find. There have been caches that I could not reach. In those cases I would lug a stump to the cache site and climb up on it. No pen-no find. I have also forgotten my pen and ended up taking my pocket knife to carve my initials in the log and then mentioned it in the log on the cache page. Others have used dirt to sign the log. One of Myotis's cache is up in a tree. Who ever said that things are always easy.   Bernie

Joe Taylor wrote:
How about if I go on a longer hike cache, and I didnt bring a pen with me and there is none in the cache, and I could not sign the logbook?

> I have another question.
>
> Is a cache loggable if you find it but because of its location you cannot
> reach it?
>
> I found a cache today that was way high even if I could stretch to reach
> it,
> there would be no way for me to get it unless I carried a step ladder
> around
> with me. (sorry I am not going to that extreme to reach a cache)
>
> Would that cache still be loggable?
>
> Thanks
> Jen

Yahoo! Messenger