[gameprogrammer] Re: What do the new processors mean for game programming?

  • From: Chris Schnurr <Chris.Schnurr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 13:46:17 +0000

Spoke too soon Bob..

http://www.scee.presscentre.com/content/detail.asp?releaseID=3D3692&newsarea=
ID=3D2

(Although I am sure you are right on multi-threading optimisations)

"
Among the highlights of Cell released today:
=95 Cell is a breakthrough architectural design -- featuring eight=20
synergistic processors and top clock speeds of greater than 4 GHz (as=20
measured during initial hardware testing)
=95 Cell is a multicore chip capable of massive floating point processing
=95 Cell is OS neutral and supports multiple operating systems=
 simultaneously
"