[gameprogrammer] Re: Delphi, other choice?

  • From: "Alan Wolfe" <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 09:05:35 -0700

If you are looking for a way to make games that is simpler than using
C++ you might try checking out pygame:

http://www.pygame.org/news.html

A game dev platform where you use python (a simpler than C++ scripting langauge)

You might also try checking out something like the torque engine from
garage games which has a scripting type language and yet is pretty
darn powerful:

http://www.garagegames.com/

Apart from that, I've also heard good things about dark basic:

http://darkbasic.thegamecreators.com/

It's pretty common for game companies to use prebuilt engines instead
of making their own these days so if you learn any of the main stream
engines, it could be a good way to get a job doing game programming (:

Torque is pretty commonly used so if you learned that, you'd have a
good resume item!