[gameprogrammer] Re: C#

  • From: Paulo Pinto <pjmlp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 08:32:47 +0100

On the other hand, you can find Java everywhere, from smart card provessors
to big iron mainframes.

So it is a very good language to know to work besides game development.

C# is pretty much Windows only. Sure there is Mono, but it only implements a
subset of
.Net, which is fine if you can live with it.

http://www.mono-project.com/Compatibility

It is like knowing C or C++ and using different libraries in each platform.

--
Paulo