[gameprogrammer] Re: AI in games

  • From: "Chris Nystrom" <cnystrom@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 11:42:31 -0500

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 5:16 AM, Yasser Gonzalez Soto
<yassergs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My idea for a IA in a Fighting game  or Shooting game is this:
>
> Fighting Game
>
> Player punches CPU. CPU Learn block or Dodge any punch move.
> Player Kicks CPU. CPU lear block or Dodge any move
> Player puches cpu cpu blocks
> PLayer kicks CPU CPU blocks
> Player try to punch CPU. CPU attack first.

So after a few punches and the computer learns how does the player win?

> My idea is make something for CPU keep learning every variant of Player
> move.

> And whit a Shoot'em up:
>
> 1st time: I shoot A.
> 2nd time:I shoot A but A rolls left and I fail. Them I aim to left an Shoot
> A.
>
> Do you understand what I mean???

Yes. Games that the computer always wins are boring. You need to
figure out how the player will win, too. The AI needs to be part of
the overall game design.

A good way to do this is make a good two player game that is fun, and
then program an AI to do what the players do as near as possible.

Chris

--
E-Mail: Chris Nystrom <cnystrom@xxxxxxxxx>
Saving the world from web programming.