[fruityloops] Re: MIDI in fruityloops

  • From: Andrew Ebling <aebling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 08 Feb 2002 10:14:41 +0000

> Personally, I use FL's  MIDI functionality to twiddle some notes on the
> piano roll, or to run my knob box, but that is about it.  If you want proper
> MIDI sequencing get a proper sequencer like Cubase or Sonar or Logic or one
> of the cheap/free alternatives.  Fruity's MIDI functionality is spotty at
> best (they say as much in the documentation) ...

Yes, I do use a "proper" MIDI sequencer (Emagic Logic) if I am going to
work entirely with MIDI and hard disk recording.

Sometimes I come up with a hook/riff on my Korg keyboard and think "that
would really work in fruityloops".  Trouble is, it is usually a
particular sound that inspired the riff (so it usually sounds wrong with
anything else).  It is therefore handy to be able to playback a riff
from fruity loops through a MIDI keyboard and record the result back
into a wave editor, which can then be played back in a fruity sampler.

Yes, I could just record the riff in Logic and import as a MIDI file,
but then you don't get to match the tempo and feel of the song you are
creating in fruityloops.

Actually, come to think of it, I could always save the whole fruity song
to a wave file, import that into logic and play it on an audio track,
record the MIDI part, get it sounding nice, record it into a separate
audio file and then import that back into fruity... rather a lot of
hassel tho, it would be much easier to "do it all in one place".(tm)

--
best regards,

Andy