[fruityloops] Re: MIDI in fruityloops

  • From: "moonz" <mooneyz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 03:10:23 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: Gwydion <gwydion@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 2:43 AM
Subject: [fruityloops] Re: MIDI in fruityloops

> OK, here's what I do, step by step.
>
> 1. F10 (Options, midi settings)
> 2. Click on the appropriate port on "output port mapping"
> 3. Dial a port number into the "port number" box. Close this window.
> 4. Back to sequencer, insert -> Midi OUT
> 5. Set the Midi Out port to the same port number as above
> 6. Record some notes from your synth info Fruity.  You should see them
> appear in the piano roll as normal.
> 7. Rewind and press play - you should see the notes playing on the little
> keyboard in the Midi Out instrument (note, fruity's midi light (the one
> under syn)) does NOT light up for outgoing midi
> 8. Your synth should be playing.
>
> If it's not, you might need to specify a patch in the Midi Out instrument.
>
> Write back again if you're still having trouble.

Thankz for the instructions Gwydian...it works as you said...the "midi out"
is just another channel selection, then.

Unfortunately I can't figure out a way to use fruity waves in any of the
sequencer apps, like Cake or Cube...looks like you can't import wave files
to those programs...you have to record the waves from within the
programz...I didn't realize that.