[foxboro]

  • From: "Ron Schafer" <rschafer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 11:32:42 -0500

Last week I asked about the Enterasys switches and a lot of good
feedback. I spoke with sales at both companies and get different
answers? Enterasys says that the switches are the same ones they sell
(including firmware) and Foxboro says that their switches are POTS
(Proprietary Off The Shelf) switches that Enterasys cant sell us. If so
what firmware revision are the Foxboro switches? (A2 series 24 port
fiber switches) Does anyone have these in use (Foxboro's) and have there
been any problems? I guess the price markup makes us wonder if its
really worth the investment.

At my current level of understanding I wouldn't feel comfortable using
other switches and I know if I did and had problems it would be
difficult to get knowledgeable help from Foxboro. (Tom V)

This is a very good point and even with the Enterasys switches (From
Enterasys) I was told they come with a lifetime warranty and
manufacturer technical support so if there was a problem, I would be
leaning to calling them first anyway! After all, They are the ones who
make them.

Ron Schafer