Re: [foxboro] "Like for Like" kind FBM100 series REV-0L

  • From: Tom Vandewater <tjvandew@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 06:55:36 -1000

We started with 53 FT pairs of the predecessor of P0960AW Gaylon back in 1988.
Their part # was P0400VR. After much negotiation, Foxboro had to upgrade us to
P0960AW's on almost half of those because our bid specification stated that
each controller had to be capable of communicating simultaneously with all the
other controllers. The peer-to-peer communication limits of P0400VR were not up
the task. For that matter the p2p of the P0960AW's didn't meet our spec either
but Foxboro and Dow Corning finally came to an acceptable middle ground and
Foxboro replaced 20 FT pairs of P0400VR's with 10 FT pairs of P0960AW's to make
it possible to configure the control of two of our larger processes.
      Likewise, Foxboro upgraded all of our WP20 Workstation Processors,
P0400VU, to WP30's , P0960GC's.  Those part #'s are forever etched in my mind
because I knew whatever we bought, I would be the one praised or cursed for
installing them.  There was a lot of cursing in the early days. Those were
interesting times. If Siebe hadn't bought Foxboro at that time and invested
more money there might no longer have been such a thing as Fox IA;<). Foxboro
was on the bubble.

Tom VandeWater
Control Conversions, Inc.