Re: [foxboro] GDEV configuration

  • From: Dirk Pauwels <dirk.pauwels@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 08:33:12 +0000

Tim,

We use gdev's all the time, for valves (devlm1 and 2) and for motors(devlm2
only)

Sounds like you need to get feedback from the local motor control to show
status correctly, aside from the motor feedback and GDEV.

We have a large number of pumps that have both GDEV control and local manual
switch control, and running feedback,  but without feedback from the local
control switch, like you for the moment I guess.

We handle this by using STAIND. Each status gets a color
1 is stopped (grey)
2 is running (green)
3 is travelling close (yellow)
4 is travelling open (yellow)
Everything > 5 is mismatch
But motor opened by local control will result in staind 6 (motor running, GDEV
desired state is 0), so you could make 6 a blinking green, to indicate to the
operator motor (possibly )running on local control.

Rgds,

Dirk

for the pump or fin fan motor, but now we do.

> Since this project was run by an Electrical Engineer who can barely
> spell I/A, he didn't put much consideration into the graphics or DCS
> configuration until very late in the game, and he ended up farming the
> job out to Invensys at the last minute. The Invensys engineer he hired
> was already on site helping us with a cutover, and he had to throw
> something together in his "spare" time. He did a very thorough and
> complete job with the information he was given and with the time
> constraints he had, but unfortunately, he had to leave and go to
> another
job, and now what we have isn't quite right.

> The Invensys Engineer used GDEV blocks on the graphic to start and
> stop the field devices. What we are seeing is that the feedback from
> the status bits is not configured correctly. The GDEV currently does
> not know what the status of the device is. If you call up the Detail
> Display of one of the GDEV blocks, it is in whatever position it was
> left at by the graphic, even if someone has started or stopped the
> device
locally with a field switch.