Re: [foxboro] FOXDRAW HELP PLEASE....

  • From: "Badura, Tom" <tbadura@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 15:30:02 -0500

Rakesh,

We do exactly as you and Alex describe - use one generic overlay for multiple
devices.  We set the P1,P2,P3,etc variables as required in a DM Command Pick
Action and then open the overlay with the ov command.  One word of caution - if
you open multiple overlays using the same Px variables the values will be
changed with each new overlay opened.  That is, if you set P1 = C1:B1.P1 for
Overlay 1 and then set P1 = C2:B2:P2 when opening Overlay 2 the value will be
changed for Overlay 1.  This can be a definite problem if you use the values
for any control action.  We work around this by including a close -all command
prior to the ov command so only one overlay will be open at a time.  Perhaps
Alex or some of the other gurus could comment or have additional suggestions on
this practice.

Below is an example of the DM Command script for the overlay pick on the main
graphic.

= P1 EVP01:YY20_CBOL
= P2 EVP01:YY20
= P3 EVP01:SC20_FAULT
= P4 EVP01:SC20
close -all
ov \usr\plenco\overlays\GDEV_VFDovl -l UR

Note:  Reference the contents of the variable in a dynamic or action in the
overlay use $Px.
To reference the text of the variable in a text contents dynamic just us Px (no
$).

Tom Badura
Plastics Engineering Company
tbadura@xxxxxxxxxx