Re: [foxboro] FBM232 FDSI Configurator

  • From: Marc Hunter <hunter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 20:30:52 -0400

Joe,

Sounds like you are missing the DVOPTS parameter with the device throwing that
exception.  Also make sure that you have some test DCI blocks in the controller
as it seems like the Ethernet module doesn't work right with just a driver and
nothing talking.

We have also had issues with doing the initial start-up procedure for the
FBM232.  Follow Foxboro manual exactly, and don't rush it - when the manual
says it takes a couple of minutes, let the module sit for ten to fifteen
minutes before deciding the operation failed.

Also, it seems like when you make your xml file that once the operation of a
general download and soft download are completed, the system will add an .lmx
file in the d:/usr/fox/sp/files/ directory where your .xml file is located.  We
have found that deleting the .lmx file when the FBM throws an exception will
help in getting module operational.

Call or write if you have any additional FDSI issues - we have it working in
several plants both simplex and redundant to general Ethernet and Allen Bradley
CIP to simplex and redundant PLC's.

Marc