Re: [foxboro] FBM230/Modbus slave too fast problem

  • From: Pablo Lioi <plioi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2015 15:57:45 +0000

Gerrit,Thanks for your answer!I really didn't check each byte of the response,
only the delay between the last byte of the query and the first byte of the
response, but I guess such behavior would have been flagged by the protocol
analyser. My protocol analyser understands Modbus and decodes master and slaves
messages, and it shows no errors.The Schneider TSX ETG100 gateway cannot be
configured to use RTS/CTS handshaking. I did another test with a MOXA M3180
Gateway. This gateway can be configured to use RTS/CTS hardware handshaking, so
I tried that, too. It made no difference. Unfortunately, the M3180 doesn't
feature configurable delays on the control lines, so I was not able to delay
the response message.Unfortunately I didn't save the analyser results to disk.
Anyway, I believe the file format is proprietary and the only way to look at it
is with the analyser software (Frontline SerialTest Async). I will have a look
to see if there is an export option.Thanks againRegardsPablo Lioi