[foxboro] FBM230/Modbus slave too fast problem

  • From: Pablo Lioi <plioi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 15:56:39 +0000

Hi everybody,In the past I had a serious problem with an FBM230 with Modbus
protocol communicating with a slave using RS-232, in RTU mode.When the slave
response to any query from the master arrived too fast, the FBM would ignore
the response and retry. I finally worked around the problem delaying the
response from the slave a few milliseconds using a setting (at the slave
device) that was meant for radio communication (RTS to TxD delay).I am now
facing the same problem again, with another slave device. The problem is that
this time I have no way to delay the slave response. I tried using RTS/CTS
handshake on the RS-232 line, but the problem remains. I know for sure that
cable and switch settings at the TA are ok because I'm looking at the line with
a protocol analyser and see correct query and response messages.I would like to
know if somebody else has experienced this problem too.RegardsPablo LioiTOTAL
AUSTRAL S.A.Tierra del Fuego - Argentina