Re: [foxboro] 51 series remote backups

  • From: Troy L Brazell <tlbrazell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 17:05:59 -0500

Sure that this is not something that you want to hear ....... but we have
started buying a second tape drive and connecting it to the WP so that we
don't have to backup through the Nodebus.
What I would like to do is bypass the tape drive and backup to one of our
company wan servers!

Troy L. Brazell
Duke Energy Field Services
Sr. Process Control Analyst
ISA CCST
Phone (405) 263 4130
Cell    (405) 301 2994
Okarche Plant
Route 3 Box 95
Okarche, OK. 73762
*****************************
MS Windoze the cure for Insomnia
*****************************

             "Dale Gillis"
             <doctorg@xxxxxxxx
             tico.ca>                                                   To
             Sent by:                  <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
             foxboro-bounce@fr                                          cc
             eelists.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [foxboro] 51 series remote
             04/27/2006 06:05          backups
             PM

             Please respond to
             foxboro@freelists
                   .org

Just shutdown the WP into single usr mode and cd /usr/local and then type
backup AWLTBG (meaning AW LetterBug) and it should do a level 0 dump over
the Nodebus to the AW.  Be careful this doesn't overload the NodeBus.  It's

not always a recommended procedure.