[foxboro] Extended Modbus Registers into I/A

  • From: "Rick Mol" <rdmol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 10:53:39 -0400

Greetings, all wise and all knowing list.

We have an application where data from a Carrier chiller needs to be =
brought into the I/A via a Micro I/A.  The problem is that, per TAC, the =
Micro I/A will not read the extended Modbus registers (6 digit) 300000 to =
399999.  It only reads 5 digit registers (ex. 30000 to 39999).   The =
chiller only supplies register addresses in the extended range.

The FBM224 has the same limitation.  The FBM 230 will support extended =
registers, but requires the 270 series controller.

There is no option to move the registers in the chiller.  It's just a =
conversion module from BacNet to Modbus. =20

The chiller supports BacNet, so the BacNet to Modbus converter from =
Fieldserver may be an option.

Has anybody else out there ran into something like this?

Thanks and Regards,

Rick Mol
ESCO Company
IT/Automation Admin.