Re: [foxboro] legacy Display Manager and dmstatus failure

  • From: <duc.do@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Andreas.Weiss@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 09:30:50 -0400

Andreas,
You showed only two /tmp/_dm* files. Does that match with the list in
/usr/fox/wp/data/dmnames?

If you run dmstatus without any additional parameter, it looks for the
list of DM names in the file above and check the corresponding
/tmp/_dm<DMNAMES> files. There seems to be some problem with file
locking or non-existent /tmp/_dm<DMNAMES> files.

I've attached my home-brewed script file chkdm (sorry, others on the
list won't see it as it's stripped by freelist.org), which probably
won't work for you since I look for a specific script file name we use
(start_dm). But you can dissect it and build your own if you wish.

Duc