[ExchangeList] Re: free space after offline defrag

  • From: "Ara Avvali" <Ara.Avvali@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 08:55:35 -0700

Hi Carl,

Yes there is incoming traffic and I believe it is much higher that clean
up especially due to attachments. But I thought this is the way it
works:

*       Let's say for example I have a 10 GB database
*       Cleanup policy deletes 1 GB, so the database stays at 10 GB but
will shrink down to 9 if I do offline defrag
*       Meanwhile if I receive new emails, database goes to 11,12,13 GB
and higher still having the potential of loosing 1 GB
*       Doing offline defrag bring it down 1 GB as example from 13 to 12

Isn't it the way it should be?