[ExchangeList] Re: free space after offline defrag

  • From: "Carl Houseman" <c.houseman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 22:37:32 -0400

If you purged deleted items worth 500 MB/week for 4 weeks and never received
any new mail at all, then you should get back 2GB of real space for an
offline defrag.
Seems likely/possible though, that you are receiving new items, and probably
more volume in new items than in the old items being deleted/purged.  This
would be the case with most organizations.