[ExchangeList] free space after offline defrag

  • From: "Ara Avvali" <Ara.Avvali@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 19:25:52 -0700

Hello everyone

I just have this strange feeling. We got a 2003 SP2 server. I have a
mail box manager policy that cleans up junk mail and deleted items after
a week. Every Sunday night I get a report that at least 500 MB is
deleted. So when I do the offline defrag once a month at least I should
get 2 GB of free space back from database. But that doesn't happen. As
an example I ran a defrag last night after 2 month wait and I only got
120 megabyte back. Something is not right and my database keeps growing
larger. Any idea?

Thanks