RE: cannot connect outlook to exchange 2003?

  • From: Marcel Stangenberger <marcel.stangenberger@xxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 12:56:00 +0200

Hi all,

I reinstalled the exchange 2003 server and exchange. I know have it
connected to the active directory. I created a testaccount on the server.

Login with imap works
Login with http works
Login using outlook 2003 configured for exchange fails.
Login using outlook 2000 configured for exchange fails.

When i configure outlook (2000 and 2003) for usage with exchange i fill
out the required fields and click "check name" after that the mail
configuration program simply stops responding.
I also tried this on another machine and with another test account but i
can't seem to get it working.
When i do a netstat -an on the exchange server i do see a connection
between the client and the server.

In the event viewer on the client the following appears :

event ID 1002
description :
Hanging application rundll32.exe, version 5.1.2600.0, hang module hungapp,
version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

event ID 1001
description :
Fault bucket 02096553.

Has anyone seen this before and/or does anyone know how to resolve this?

DNS and WINS are working fine, i can find the server using NSLookup, ping
and so on.

Greetings,

Marcel

On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 06:42:28PM +0300, Javid Siddiqi wrote:
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
>
> Hellok,
>
> Name resolving is the issue of DNS please try to ping your exchange
> server with its host name and update your lmhosts file.I faced this
> problem several times, at last I used to create another user account on
> the client machine and configure it.I hope this is the final solution
> and will work with you too.Try to create another user account then try
> you will deffenitely get it
>
> Regards
> Javid Siddiqi
> Customer Support
> RTC Jeddah (K.S.A)

Marcel Stangenberger        XB Networks B.V.
Facilities Engineer         Televisieweg 2
Tel. +31(0)3 654 62 493     1322 AC Almere
Fax. +31(0)3 654 62 424     the Netherlands