RE: cannot connect outlook to exchange 2003?

  • From: Marcel Stangenberger <marcel.stangenberger@xxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 17:17:52 +0200

Ok here we go :-)

I installed exchange 2003 on the server last week, connecting with outlook
was possible but offline adressbook usage was not. I discussed this with
the microsoft support center and they told me i made an error with the
installation and suggested that i removed the current installation and
then installed exchange again. I did this as suggested but now the new
problem started. Another problem that i just found is that SP1 could not
be installed because, the error message on this is

[08/11/04,16:54:10] Dependency Manager: [2]
CDependencyManager::ValidateDependencyStates() : The dependency of
Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Services on Microsoft
Search is not satisfied.
[08/11/04,16:54:10] Dependency Manager: [2] Component default action
settings do not satisfy dependencies. Components are being set to
IR_NOTHING.
[08/11/04,16:54:10] setup.exe: [2] Run() : RunLoadSetup(), an exception
has occured.

I can use outlook for imap & pop3 connections so my guess is that this is
a communications problem between exchange and outlook.

when i try to connect outlook to the exchange server i don't see the
desktop system in the netstat output, which is kinda strange cause it
should have a few connections to the server.

Marcel