RE: SBS 2003

  • From: "Jose Medeiros" <josemedeiros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 07:57:32 -0800

Tim is right,

I just decommisioned several Compaq 3000 & 6000 proliant servers at ADP ( Payroll Division ) that we donated to non profits, and the drives can be expensive, however as long as you have the hotswap drive carrier, you can use most vendors 80 pin SCSI drives.

A good resource is http://www.weirdstuff.com/ in Sunnyvale California. They have a large selection of older Compaq Proliant drives and servers.

Most non profits won't budget for new hardware, they rely on donations from the private sector. It is a challange for event the best of Admins, however it's a great place to donate time, or for some one that is semi-retired to work ( As long as you can suplement your income with some form of Retirement ).

Hope every one has a Happy New Year!

Jose :-)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tim Bolton" <ltb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>