SBS 2003

  • From: <hardor1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "SBS" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 10:29:38 -0500

I have recently "inherited" the job of Administrator for a Small Business
Network of a Non Profit School and have many questions.

I am working with a Compaq ProLiant 3000 Server with slightly less than 5 GB
hard drive space. SBS 2003 calls for 4 GB but when the hotfixes and service
pacs get installed, it
claims to be out of disk capacity. I inherited the server with SBS 2003
installed. I do not know what procedure the former Administrator used to
prepare the Server for the installation.

Question #1. Buy new server with better capabilities?
Question #2. Would larger hard drive be acceptable on older server with
standard SBS 2003 installed?

Harv