distro list question

  • From: "Andy Shook" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 12:03:39 -0700

What I have been tasked to do is create several distro lists of outside
contacts so that we can send announcements to on a quarterly basis.
Background and tech info:
Exchage 2003 SP2 on Win2k3 EE SP1, single server environment, Outlook 2003
fully patched.  I work for a firm that is a member of several area
professional orgs.  I have all contact info for each org's membership in
Excel 2003.

What I was thinking is setup a public folder that is mail-enabled for each
outside org with an address of org_name@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx  However, I don't
know how I can send the messages to the distro list where it appears to be
sent from the SAME address of that particular org's ME public folder.
Also, I tried to import the excel data (yes it's headered correctly) into
the corresponding public folders, to no avail.  After talking to several
collegues and PSS with no improvement, I'm now questioning my logic and
steps taken thus far.  Is there a better way to do this and am I making
this too difficult?

Thanks to all,