Re: Moving to Exchange for the first time

  • From: Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 14:02:25 -0500

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 12:40:14 -0500, Tee Darling <tee.darling77@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
>
> Danny,
>  Since when did they stop making 72, 000 RPM SCSI disks? I am not
> aware of this information but if you can point me to the site that
> contains this information I would appreciate it.

These days you can expect to find hard drives with RPM speeds at the following:

5,400 RPM - yes
7,200 RPM - yes
10,000 RPM - yes
15,000 RPM - yes

72,000 RPM - no

> And also, what is the difference between what I said about the RAID
> level 1 and 5 for transaction logs and the databases and the links you
> have showed here? Let's here from you.....

When responding to Microsoft Exchange related questions, I encourage a
balance between personal experience and Microsoft's knowledge base
articles [1]. I am sorry that you misunderstood the hyperlinks I
supplied; my intention was to compliment your recommendations.

[1] - And in this case, John Savill's FAQ - a reliable and solid
source of information.

Cheers,

...D