[ExchangeList] Re: Moving Mailbox from Crashed server (BE) to healthy Server (BE)

  • From: "Brian Pituley" <bpituley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 08:53:58 -0700

What exactly do you mean by "locking"?  When does this "locking" occur?

Brian Pituley

Director of Information Technology

T: 408-441-3611

F: 408-441-8405

E: bpituley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:bpituley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

        From: James Chong <jchong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: [ExchangeList] Re: Moving Mailbox from Crashed server
(BE) to healthy Server (BE)
        To: "exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        Date: Saturday, September 6, 2008, 3:24 PM

        http://www.msexchange.org
        -------------------------------------------------------What's
the error
        when the /disasterecovery failed? You can perform this without
backup of C: or
        systemstate of this computer (as long as AD is still alive)
Maybe the
        systemstate restore is bad or had corrupted registry. Rebuild
without the system
        state.

        If you cannot get it to work; you always have an option of
blowing away the
        server object using adsiedit and just doing a new install using
same name.

        James Chong
        Sr. Systems Engineer
        Simplexity, LLC.