RE: Anti-Virus revisited

  • From: "Stephen Hartley" <shartley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 08:30:35 +1000

We have been using eScan (www.mwti.com) since October last year when
several of my clients got "hit". Not one of them has been infected with
a single virus since then - whether the virus signatures were up to date
or not! Let's face it, most viruses these days are e-mail borne, so if
you are scanning incoming messages and blocking "bad" attachments, 99%
of your troubles will be solved.
Around 80% of the viruses coming into my machine (but being blocked!)
are coming from machines supposedly protected by Norton's Antivirus -
says something about that product me thinks!
The content management is a real bonus & simple to manage!

Stephen Hartley
NetAbility
Brisbane, Australia