Re: Rename icon (new variation)

  • From: "A L" <al_number1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 18:51:50 +0000

Hello,

Was going to upload the new icon yesterday but thought I'd test it against the stock gtk used by Emelfm2 (middle toolbar).IT doesn't match at all.For some reason my icon looks blured compared to the rest even when converted to svg.Looks about right at 32x32 and even 24x24 but gets really bad at 16x16.Will have to experiment with this until its right.

My experiences with icons are that when you make large icons that will be down-scaled to small proportions, that they always get a bit less sharp. If you wan't to make an icon that looks even sharp at 16x16 you'd better start at 16x16 pixels in the gimp.

Sodipodi is what Inkscape is based on but seems to be even more limited.It saves in a compressed svg format (.svgz) and won't import anything but .bmp files.Messed with it a few hours and finally gave up on it.Wish Inkscape was more stable and was documented better because looks very promising.

Inkscape is indeed the most promising. If it only would get an decent layers-menu..... (by the way, my sodipodi does also import .jpg, .png,...)
If you can get (or afford) Illustrator you shouldn't hesitate, it works great.

Arnout Lok