Re: 48x48

  • From: Reboant <reboant@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 11:53:56 -0500

tooar wrote:

<>definitely not! e2 itself is in pre-alpha state and the pre-release
might have even more bugs. so i suggest to use 0.0.9 if you don't want
to worry about e2 constantly. though, if you like, you can easily test
pre-releases without any danger as you can simply run e2 from the build
directory. and there's the -c command line switch which lets you choose
a different config directory. this way you won't mess up your normal
config.

Yeah kind of figured that.If I can find time I'll try and give a hand with bug hunts for you.Does gtk2 still pump out a ton of useless garbage while debuging? I'm definately no programmer so it makes it even more difficult for me make heads or tails of it all.<>

<>if pre-releases don't build, please tell me the error messsage! :)

Will do.

<>

yes, mc's vfs is pretty cool as you can even extend it with normal shell scripts.

I know.You should see my f2 menu. :)

yes, of course it will be replaced by a normal e2 toolbar with all the
functionality the other toolbars have, too. these old menubars above the
panes are a left-over from emelFM1. it is planned to have different
"views" for the file panes and then the old menubar will only be visible
with the old file view. the new file view will have a toolbar instead!

Had no clue it was part of the original code.Makes perfect sense now.

sorry to hear that. actually, plugins aren't meant to work right now and
aren't officially supported. the cpbar and mvbar plugins work for me,
though. what might be your problem is that the cpbar and mvbar plugins
don't replace the normal file actions. they supply extra actions. for
example, right click a big file you'd like to copy and choose
"Copyprogressbar" from the plugins submenu of the context menu. then a
dialog with a progress bar should pop up.
of course, you could also change the toolbar buttons to use the plugins.
edit the toolbar in the config dialog and choose a different action for
the copy button. the normal action is "file.copy" and the plugin is
called "Copyprogressbar".

as it seems, also a lot of documentation is missing.. :)

Do-dee-doo !!! Sure makes me feel dumb.Tried like crazy for days to get the darn thing to work and it was working all along.Figured it would be used automatically.Got it set up and working great now.Thanks for the info.

Right now I'm working on a website for a local church (which is taking up a lot of my time) but will still work on icons for you.So I guess the next one should be a proper "move" icon if you haven't found one yet.Any ideas on what you want it to look like so I'll have some place to start?