[elky] Re: The new El Camino, (Shrimp on the Barbie style) (was: Taco Bell Style)

  • From: Robert Adams <ladams21@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 15:38:44 -0600

Pontiac was going to bring over the Ute, they even had a naming
contest... I entered (can't remember my entry)... the name they chose?
 "G8 ST"  How exciting...

They were bringing over the G8 wagon too, but not in the full GXP trim
(lame).  All these plans went down the drain even before they killed
Pontiac.  The Australians get all the cool cars...

Well Pontiac died a slow agonizing death. It should have gone before Olds. At least Olds had cars that people bought. Pontiac was the hoopdie brand in the end and had nothing decent. Even the Solstice was eh.. The Saturn version was better looking.

                 Check out liberty motors as they are the LHD export versions.

My GM card points are burning a hole in my pocket... a few months ago
they offered to let me use ALL my points (on certain vehicles), not
just the "redemption allowance".  If they offer that again I might
have to pull the trigger... maybe an autotragic Silverado?  (boo)

Well with as little as you drive you will kill that Dodge diesel. They are a maintenance nightmare when driven as a daily driver and not worked hard. You won't be disappointed with the Chevy 1500. They are very nice trucks. You won't be disappointed. I also prefer the looks of the GMC but you pay allot more for a different look to the same truck....