[duxuser] Re: braille graphics

  • From: S von See <svonsee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 20:12:24 -0700

//www.freelists.org/list/accessibleimage

this is a list serve for braille graphics ....

http://www.ks-huseby.no/sensiblegraphics/graphics.html

and this is one where there are files to download.

At 03:02 PM 9/5/2006, you wrote:
As part of the Carroll Center's course on Duxbury, there is a lesson on graphics. As a blind user, I know I can't use the TGD Pro and QikTac software for actually drawing graphics, but I can manipulate already produced braille graphics files. I downloaded the TGD braille graphics files and unzipped them and am having all kinds of fun embossing the pictures. Wow!

In this zip file, there are other print image files wich of course DBT can't handle directly. Is there a package that will convert a print image file into a Sig or other format for DBT?

Also, are there other sources for "already-produced" braille graphics files other than the ones I got with this download? Kind of maybe a library of braille graphic files somewhere?

Here's hoping.

Jean