[duxuser] Re: USB to Parallel

  • From: richard kurlander <rkurlander@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 01:12:07 -0500

I use a usb to parrallel converter I had don breda walk me through setting it up.At 11:52 AM 2/12/2010, you wrote:
I'm attempting to connect an older Thomas to a computer using a USB to parallel converter since the new computer does not have a parallel port. However, it did not work. One thing, Duxbury setting only allow for a serial or parallel connection. Does anyone have ideas as to what Duxbury settings I need to look at? With this cable, does Duxbury automatically see the USb connection as a parallel connection? I guess I could set up a serial connection, but I try to avoid setting up serial connections whenever possible. I never check; I assume the computer has a serial port.

Rick Boggess