[duxuser] Re: Question re: dividing hyphenated words between lines

  • From: Lisa Hall <lhall007@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dscalzi@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2016 22:25:14 -0400

Hi everyone,

For those who are wondering, the latest UEB Instructional manual for training braille transcribers states that it is not necessary to divide words between lines when submitting exercises to your instructor when taking the course.

The only time you may have to divide word between line is when you have a long phrase that have hyphens between words. I once came across a phrase but the translator did not divide the word between lines at the right point. I had it documented in a correction report for the transcriber's attention to fix it.
I hope this helps in answering your question.

Sincerely,

Lisa Hall

--
Lisa Hall