[duxhelp] Re: Bolding, underlining, italics etc

  • From: Dave Durber <dadurber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 08:37:25 -0400

If DBT was programmed to do what you requested, how is it to decide
what to do based on the following questions:

Which of the codes that are used to represent bold, italic and
underline should it keep and which ones should it discard in order to
show the emphasized text in the braille output file?

Should it delete the first and second codes, for example, if there are
codes to represent all three emphasized elements in the print file?

Sometimes, it is a case of actually doing some extra work in order to
produce the result that you want.

Perform a search for the codes in the right order that you want to
find, then replacing them with the desired emphasize code that you
want to keep to represent the emphasized text in the braille file,
might be a good idea.

Although I think that DBT has some major problems, in general, I would
say that if an individual is prepared to get off their rear end, put
their brain in gear and use some mental elbow grease and make an
effort to get the desired result, those individuals would find that
they would get an immense amount of satisfaction from their work and
their labors.

The biggest enjoyment I get, or have got from the books that I have
transcribed is not necessarily in the transcribing and production
processes, it is when I have picked up one of those publications and I
have used it and learned from it in the same way as one of my
customers who had purchased it from my company.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber