[duxhelp] 10.5 and Word Text Boxes

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 13:32:01 +0100

I'm happy to report some good news on the Beta
front, which really saved our bacon today.  (Well,
Pat's actually!)

Pat received three rather large Word files, a
newsletter, which were originated in Microsoft
Publisher, and then saved as Word Files.

An very unfortunate side effect of doing this is
that all the text was saved into Word in Text
Boxes.  10.4 of course ignores these.  Even saving
the Word files as plain text doesn't work either,
as that too seems to ignore text boxes.

However, 10.5 imported the files, complete with
the text from the text boxes remarkably well.

He did have to do some re-arranging of text, but
this paled into (almost) complete insignificance
compared to other options available to us at the
time.

Well done, Mike!  A lot of people are going to be
in your debt for your work on this new feature.

George Bell.