[duxhelp] Re: Bolding, underlining, italics etc

  • From: "Jack Maartman" <jmaartman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 09:34:39 -0700

I would guess, that braille or touch reading per se will have to change
substantially for those conditions.  Research indicates that haptic perception
and especially reading braille involves the visual cortex. stimulating this
apparently interferes with one's ability to read braille. The day is possibly
not far off where you will be able to wear some contraption that will feed
directly into the cortex. As far off topic as it might seem permutations of a
rectangle are still pretty well suited for conveying information.  Maybe DBT is
only a small step from the days that massive text-books were produced by slate
and stylus, but a significant step however.