[drivingpairs] Re: who's driving

  • From: Robert & Linda Smith <lrsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 07:08:19 -0700

Gail,
What a story..  I wish you were over here in Prescott, Arizona for a
visit.  My wife and I drive miniature horses and take them to CDE's in
the area.  We would have been delighted with your company and given you
our lines for a drive around the practice field.  Our minis eat 1/7th as
much as the big guys and therefore leave 1/7th as much to clean up after
eating.  Our tack is a bit smaller but we still have as much fun.  My
wife drives a single horse while I drive a miniature pair.  My groom, a
dear friend, can shout and scream with the best of them when we are on
course.  If you have the time and a fast enough internet connection look
at our site: http://myweb.cableone.net/lrsmith   I think we put a
picture in there that shows my groom leaning into the turn as you
suggested.  I wish I could have seen your old team as the groom leaned
the wrong way and possibly added to their trouble in turning over.  Sure
hope none of the animals were hurt.

Hang in there and I'm sure you will meet someone who has the time and
desire to teach and help you learn more about team driving.

Robert and Linda Smith, Prescott, Az.

Gail Smith wrote:
> Hi Ken
>
> I know where Texas is...unfortunately never been there but would love to
> visit it oneday. I used to work for a vet from there who qualified at Texas
> A&M. She was great fun and came from a cattle farm where she grew up with
> quarter horses. Some people have all the luck huh! My family were never into
> horses and rather just tolerated my fascination for them.

(snip)