[dokuwiki] Re: WYSIWYG edition?

  • From: Gina Haeussge <gina@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 12:38:40 +0100

Samuel Degrande wrote:
> Bert Garcia wrote:
>> Marc-Andre Gaudreau wrote:
>>> I was wondering if anyone else was looking for WYSIWYG
>>> fonctionality, if there were other interesting solutions besides
>>> wikiwyg or if anybody actually succeeded in including WYSIWYG
>>> edition (wikiwyg or other) into DokuWiki?
>>
>> I've tested all the WYSIWYG editors and I've come to the conclusion
>> that it belongs on the client side.
>>
>> See this: http://www.hypercubed.com/projects/firefox/
>>
>> Rather than every project grappling with TinyMCE, which ain't too
>> tiny, or any other editor, we can use one that integrates well with
>> our browser and leave the driving to us.
>>
>> At least that's the way I see it.
>
> but then, it will not be available to any platform/browser...

That is a problem you'd also have with the WYSIWYG components. AFAIK
most if not all of them depend on Javascript (what if it's disabled?),
only focus on fully supporting IE and maybe also Firefox/Mozilla (if
you're lucky even Opera). So you are bound to get into trouble with
those as well if you use some non-mainstream-browser.

Just my 2ct.

Regards,
  Gina