[dokuwiki] Re: WYSIWYG edition?

  • From: Marc-Andre Gaudreau <Marc-Andre.Gaudreau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 10:09:12 -0500

I looked at Xinha (thanks for the link!) but, like most WYSIWYG editors I've seen, this is a HTML WYSIWYG editor. Wikiwyg on the other hand is a WIKI WYSIWYG editor (it really generates customizable wiki code, not html). For us, this is an important difference.

The idea of integrating WYSIWYG edition on the client side could be interesting. However, I don't think it would integrate as well. The way I understand it, on a client side solution, a user would have to click the "edit" button on a page, then perform some kind of action to replace the htmlarea with the WYSIWYG editor, make is changes, click the "save" button in the editor to return to the htmlarea and finally click the "save" button to really save the changes on the server. In a server side solution, the editor would come up immediatly after the user clicks the edit button. When the user is done performing his changes, clicking on the WYSIWYG editor's "save" button would really save the changes to the server.

Bert Garcia wrote:

Marc-Andre Gaudreau wrote:

I was wondering if anyone else was looking for WYSIWYG fonctionality, if there were other interesting solutions besides wikiwyg or if anybody actually succeeded in including WYSIWYG edition (wikiwyg or other) into DokuWiki?

I've tested all the WYSIWYG editors and I've come to the conclusion that it belongs on the client side.

See this: http://www.hypercubed.com/projects/firefox/

Rather than every project grappling with TinyMCE, which ain't too tiny, or any other editor, we can use one that integrates well with our browser and leave the driving to us.

At least that's the way I see it.